Saturday, August 19, 2017

A New Beginning

Seven years ago, I started the '501 Quilt Blocks Project' under the blog name '501quiltblocks'.  The goal was to make each of the 501 quilt blocks from the book '501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks by Judy Hopkins.  It took two years to complete the project.  Most of the blocks were used to make table toppers, table runners, bags, wall hangings and quilts.  I also donated blocks to various causes to be used to make quilts for those in need.  Along the way, I dabbled with embroidery, applique, knitting, zentangle, hexies and tried a number of other techniques.  Since that time, other than a few small quilt projects, I've taken a break from sewing.  Last year I failed to renew my domain name when it came due.  That blog is gone.  From time to time, I'll be including photos from the '501 Quilt Blocks' Project.

That brings me to now.  I've chosen 56 blocks from the book mentioned above to make a queen sized bed quilt for myself.  And I wanted to document it as I go.  I'll also be including other crafts and projects.

This new blog's name  is Quilt blocks and more and is found at Quiltblocksandmore.blogspot.com  It's a lot like starting over from scratch.  I've forgotten a good share of what I knew about registering a domain name, creating a blog, taking and editing photos and who knows what else.  So bear with me.

Today I've completed three 12 inch blocks.  Let's see if I can remember how to include them in this post.

Album

Calico Puzzle

Southern Belle

Phew!  I did it.  Confession.  It took almost as long to do this post as it did to cut and sew the blocks.  Enjoy!

Have a great day!

-- Pat

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog and your return to quilting. I followed your 501 quilt block journey and had to purchase the book for myself... I love it! Such a great resource. Love the first three blocks of your queen size quilt and am looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technology changes so fast, and we all have those learning curves. Don't let it hold you back, though. I'm looking forward to seeing your work here.

    ReplyDelete